Laguna Beach for Laguna Beach Plein Air Gala turned out to be a fantastic event. Very well put together by the organizers - Toni Kellenberg and Rosemary Swimm. Many of my artist friends participated in the event and it was great to see them and their success. On the last day of the event my newly met friend and I got to model for the artists before hitting the road back home.
The Laguna Beach Plein Air Invitational concluded recently, naming a passel of winners and showcasing a solid selection of paintings. Who won in one of California’s most beautiful spots?
The nine-day event benefits the Laguna Plein Air Painters Association. It was judged by Jean Stern. To read the full article click here
Best in Show, worth $10,000, went to Ray Roberts for his painting “Morning on Main Beach.”
- “The Late Show,” by Jesse Powell - the Irvine Museum Award winner.
- “Crystal Cove,” by Colin Page - winner of the OutdoorPainter.com Award and Artist Palette Award.
- “6 O’Clock Pacific Time,” by Cindy Baron - PleinAir Magazine Award winner.
- “Main Beach,” by Mark Boedges - Fine Art Connoisseur Award winner.
- “Intersection on 1st,” by Brenda Boylan - Dr. Edward H. Boseker Award winner.
- “Big Bend,” by Jim McVicker - the Laguna Canyon Foundation Award winner.
- “Silverado Ranchland,” by John Cosby - the Revelite Award winner.
- “Installing Piers for a New Dock,” by Aimee Erickson - The Strada Award.
- “Waiting for Wave,” by Hiu Lai Chong - Spirit of Laguna Award winner.
- “Meditation,” by April Raber - award of Excellence.